Even minor changes in your life or others’ lives can impact your will and estate plan. When you review your will, consider the following questions:
- Have you recently moved?
- Have you purchased or sold real estate in other states besides NC?
- Did a loved one pass away?
- Are the individuals named in your plan still healthy and properly designated?
- Has your financial situation changed since you implemented your plan?
- Have your beneficiaries married or had children?
- Have you married or divorced?
- Have any relationships changed between you and your Executor, Trustee or other fiduciaries?
These are just a few items that could affect your plan. If you answered yes to one or more of these questions, you may need to make some updates. An annual review with your advisor is key to making it work today as well as tomorrow. Give us a call at (919) 900-4720 or email [email protected] if you need your plan reviewed.