Kyle M. Frizzelle – Attorney
Kyle has always been a helper. Growing up, that typically meant working on his grandparents’ farm or taking on whatever odd task a friend or family member couldn’t do alone. In college, it involved serving as a Team Captain with Relay for Life and as a mentor to both freshman and transfer students. Today, that passion translates into comprehensive and proactive planning for NC Planning’s clients, and meeting and exceeding their legal needs and expectations.
As an attorney, Kyle is committed to going the extra mile for clients to achieve the best possible solution. Whether assisting a family with a plan to the transfer of a closely held business or closing a simple checking account after the death of a loved one, Kyle believes in making the process clear, concise, and efficient. He has represented clients through the creation of complex tax-efficient estate plans, during tense interfamily discussions and disagreements, and during extended probate administrations, all while not forgetting that some of these clients are overwhelmed or dealing with one of the toughest times of their lives. Keeping that in mind helps Kyle to treat a simple asset transfer and a multi-million-dollar trust with the same level of care and attention to detail that clients expect and deserve.
On the personal side, Kyle and his wife, Lauren, both love to be on the go. They spend their weekends taking in the local beaches, Durham Bulls games, and the occasional long weekend in Charleston, SC. When around home, Kyle enjoys spending time outdoors and hanging out with his yellow lab, Charlie.
Law Licenses & Admissions
- North Carolina
- J.D., Campbell University, cum laude
- B.A., Campbell University, Trust and Wealth Management, summa cum laude
- Minor, Campbell University, Financial Planning, summa cum laude
- North Carolina State Bar
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Estate and Fiduciary Law Section
- Young Lawyers Division
- Wake County Bar Association
- Tenth Judicial District Bar
- Greater Raleigh Chamber of Commerce
Awards & Publications
- Selected to the 2020 and 2021 North Carolina Rising Stars list by Super Lawyers.
- Kyle Frizzelle, Better to Play Dead: Examining North Carolina’s Living Probate Law and Its
Potential Effect on Testamentary Disposition, 39 Campbell L. Rev. 187 (2017).