Cary Business Planning Case Illustration
Morgan established her dental practice six years ago with two other colleagues. Wanting to protect her assets and share of the business, Morgan enlisted the help of a Cary business planning attorney who worked with her to draft an effective partnership agreement and structure her practice to reduce her tax obligations and optimize revenue. Her attorney provided tailored advice regarding how Morgan should protect her assets from liability and malpractice suits filed against her practice. Her attorney also worked with her CPA team to reduce tax obligations and optimize her revenue. Each step in the process has saved her valuable time and money in the long term. After hearing that one of her partners may be resigning to start their own practice, Morgan consults with her attorney to establish a succession plan to ensure the smooth transition of leadership.
Cary Business Planning Attorney Offering Effective Solutions to Clients in North Carolina
The business planning attorneys at NC Planning will identify your business goals and find the legal solutions that enhance and promote those goals. Our Cary Business Planning Attorney works with businesses of all sizes in all industries.
We take an effort to get to know our clients personally so we can learn everything that we can about your business. We bring experience, knowledge, and a commitment to clients in every legal matter we handle.
Business owners face a variety of legal questions and challenges on a daily basis, so it’s vital to partner with attorneys who provide genuine value and reliable legal services.
Why is Business Planning So Important?
Effective business planning protects your business by putting solutions in place before legal problems arise. The NC Planning legal team advises and represents business clients at every stage of a company’s life from its formation through the winding down or sale of the business.
We help clients throughout the state of North Carolina with all aspects of launching a new business, including the formation of a corporation, LLC, or other business entity. NC Planning also provides comprehensive business planning services that may involve:
- Preparing and reviewing leases, employment agreements, and other business contracts
- Ownership strategies such as succession planning and buy-sell agreements
- Auditing to spot potential legal issues before they become problems
- Ongoing general counsel services provided by NC Planning’s Client Advisory Services
What Should You Do Before Starting A Business?
If you’re launching a new business, start by discussing your goals and concerns with our business planning team. We consider liability, risk, and tax consequences.
We help you determine the business entity that best fits your own goals and circumstances. We can also ensure that the appropriate legal documents are filled out accurately and completely.
The essential legal documents for a new business may include articles of incorporation, by-laws, operating agreements, shareholder agreements, and other documents depending on the type of business and the applicable state laws.
When your business entity documents have been filed and approved, we can obtain your EIN or Tax ID Number and meet any remaining requirements so that you can start doing business.
How Can A Business Planning Lawyer in Cary Help?
The NC Planning team believes in long-term attorney-client relationships that go beyond the conventional model. We know that sound advice and quality legal services are the key to success for any business, so we provide proactive, uninterrupted corporate counsel services.
Ongoing, open communication combined with open-ended, proactive planning allows us to anticipate potential concerns and put the appropriate solutions in place. Our clients can rest easy knowing that their corporate counsel is only a phone call or an e-mail away.
As your business evolves, and as laws change over time, the business planning attorneys at NC Planning will be available to answer your questions, provide legal representation if needed, and ensure that your business plan is properly implemented and updated if necessary.
How To Choose the Right Business Planning Attorney for Your Business
Choosing the right business planning attorney is a major decision that has the power to impact the success, sustainability, and growth of your company. Planning for your business is a long-term, ever-evolving process, involving careful attention to detail and a strong understanding of big picture goals. The right attorney will work to understand your vision and know how to implement your goals with skill and precision. As a business owner, you have unique planning challenges that must be addressed to avoid issues as your practice continues to grow.
When selecting a business planning attorney, it can be beneficial to clarify your goals and objectives. Consider the following questions before consulting with an attorney:
- Why do you need a business planning attorney? First and foremost, it is valuable to consider why you need a business planning attorney for your business or professional practice. Maybe you are establishing a new practice and need help with business formation or perhaps you have an established company and are looking to acquire additional practices. Regardless of the reason, understanding why you need legal counsel can help identify the attorneys who offer services to meet your needs.
- What elements of your long-term plan do you require assistance with? Asset protection, tax planning, and contract review, negotiation and preparation are all components of business planning that may require help from a legal advisor.
- How long do you plan on working with the attorney? This consideration can help set your budget and establish the type of relationship you are looking to form with your Cary business planning lawyer. Your goal, as a business owner, should be to hire a business planning attorney and legal team with whom you can build a long-term relationship to help you and your business as you continue to grow.
During the consultation, it can be helpful to ask prospective attorneys the following questions:
- How long have you been practicing business law?
- Do you have experience working with business owners in my industry?
- Have you helped to establish professional practices in North Carolina?
- How do you handle business disputes? Do you prefer mediation in these situations?
- What is your fee structure?
- Will anyone else be working with you to help resolve your business planning issues? What methods of communication do you use to correspond with clients?
Typically, entrepreneurs and professional practitioners including dentists, doctors, architects, optometrists, engineers, veterinarians, chiropractors and more hire business planning attorneys to build strategies for growing their businesses and achieving their end goals. As a business owner, you have an interest in avoiding mistakes and mitigating the likelihood of future legal disputes regarding your practice. An experienced attorney will understand your needs and continually adapt to your business or professional practice’s needs for years to come.
What Business Planning Services Do We Offer??
As businesses grow, so do their long-term business and corporate planning needs. The legal team at NC Planning assists and advises clients with long-term business planning needs that involve:
- Succession planning: We help owners plan for the sale of their businesses or the transfer of their businesses to their heirs or chosen successors
- Mergers and acquisitions: We advise clients in the process of consolidating, buying, or selling their businesses and/or their assets.
- Trademark and Licensing: We know how to protect your company’s name, brand, and logo. We routinely register trademarks and obtain other legal protections for our clients using the tools provided by state and federal law.
- Tax strategies: We use a variety of business and estate planning tools to help business owners and their financial advisors implement effective strategies for minimizing tax consequences.
- Contracts: We negotiate, prepare, review, and revise contracts to set terms, spell out expectations, and mitigate risk. We’ll review your documents and contracts to make sure they’re compliant and right for you, or we can create new documents to meet your needs.
Protecting Your Business is Our Top Priority
Helping you create and implement the business plans that you and your company need is our top priority. To learn more about our business planning services or to schedule a consultation with a lawyer, call NC Planning at (919) 900-4720 or submit your information using the contact form here on our website.
Our offices are located at 5640 Dillard Drive, Suite 101, in Cary. NC Planning also has offices in Raleigh located at 4801 Glenwood Avenue, Suite 200. It is never too soon to begin planning for your loved ones and their future. A business planning attorney at NC Planning can help.